Saturday 29 January 2011

Title Sequences that inspire me ! ; Saul Bass



Saul Bass was an American graphic designer, he was born in 1920 and after studying in Manhattan and Brooklyn he became the pioneer for graphic design and motion picture title sequences. Bass created title sequences with narratives behind them; this was very different to how title sequences were made at the time being that they only involved text. Bass’s style of work is very simplistic, abstract, figurative, modernistic and symbolic.


When I initially saw Bass’s work I thought it was striking, eye-catching and entertaining. My eyes never left the screen and I was left with the desire of wanting more, that’s probably what makes his title sequences effective and unique. I found the bold, flamboyant colours to be interesting and different. After researching his work I was inspired. I definitely want to make a title sequence that reflects the story that we are trying to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment